lexus forum  

Go Back   Lexus Forums > Lexus Forums (Cars) > Lexus LS Forum

Notices

Lexus LS Forum Discussion forum for topics in regards to the Lexus LS400, LS430, LS460, LS460L, LS600h

Lexus Forum: !996 LS400 replace fuel pump

Old 11-11-2010, 12:13 PM

pdavidsson is on a distinguished road
Default !996 LS400 replace fuel pump

Need to change fuel pump. Does anyone have the procedure?
Also, Does the tank need to be dropped?

Old 05-11-2011, 10:03 PM

ricky33 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: !996 LS400 replace fuel pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdavidsson View Post
Need to change fuel pump. Does anyone have the procedure?
Also, Does the tank need to be dropped?
I myself at this time might have to replace my fuel pump. I have been talking to some lexus techs and from what I hear you dont have to dropp the fuel tank. I dont know exactly how yet. Im sure its from under the back seat or the trunk panel. So thats a plus but ill reply and let you now if i get some more info.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:39 PM

tckinney9521 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: !996 LS400 replace fuel pump

hi i just replaced the fuel pump in my 1990 LS400 it is a somewhat simple procedure. You first have to remove the backseat both the backrest and the bench. to do this you have to fiind the little lever on the bench part of the seat where the seat connects to the floor and work it until the seat pops loose and then you unscrew the seatbelt lower connectors and a couple of bolts along the edge of the seat by the doors. once that is done you have to lift the backrest up and rotate it a certain way to get it to release from the hooks that hold it. then you lift the black barrier cloth and you will see a circle with a bunch of screws in it this is the portal to the lexus fuel pump. i had 3/4 of a tank of gas when i did mine so no need to drain the tank but it couldnt hurt. i would say this took me roughly 35minutes to do in all. good luck tim