lexus forum  

Go Back   Lexus Forums > Lexus Forums (Cars) > Lexus SC Forum

Notices

Lexus SC Forum Discussion forum for topics in regards to the Lexus SC300, SC400, SC430, SC500 and SC600h

Lexus Forum: Lexus SC 430?

Old 10-19-2007, 12:56 PM

monicaoh92 is on a distinguished road
Default Lexus SC 430?

How good is that car? Sitting inthe backseat whats that like?

What color is the best to get that car? I am thinking getting black on black

Old 10-19-2007, 12:57 PM

mello is on a distinguished road

do not buy this car. i repeat, do not buy this car!!!!. a couple reasons:
1. the model is about to undergo a major redesign for 2008 (at least that's what I've heard). Gone will be the old 4.3 L v8, replaced by a 4.6L v8 that will make about 100 more horsepower. the new sc460,as it will be called, will also be bigger and roomier(i've heard it will be about the size of bmw's 6 seeries coupe) with a habitable back seat. THink about how much better the new LS sedan is than the old one. The difference between the new and old SC's will be even greater.
2. If you can't wait until this fall for the new sc to come out and have to have a car right now, there are better values for the money in the luxury roadster segment. THe sc represented class-leading value when it was first introduced in 2002, but it has not kept up with competitors (hence the need for a total redesign) The mercedes slk55 amg,for example, is way faster, handles better and actually costs a little less.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Red Dragon is on a distinguished road

Lexus SC 430 is one of the coolest cars I have ever seen. I drive my brother's SC very often and I love its handling, its power, and its looks. The one we've got is red, and it is very nice. Black on black is very cool too, but here where I live is not a good idea because the weather gets very hot. The color black is not good for extremely hot climates. Sitting back can be a bit of a problem, it is a bit small, but hey, it's a sports car, it is not supposed to be wide in the backside.

My suggestion for you, if you can afford it, go for it without thinking. Your ride will definately be the collest on the road.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:00 PM

LEX is on a distinguished road

The car is great. Any Lexus is great. The backseat was put in to lower insurance rates. It won't be able to hold a grown adult. In fact, it probably won't hold anyone who's over 4' 5". The best color to get is either Black Sapphire Pearl (blue), Obsidian (black), Starfire Pearl (white), Smoky Granite Mica (gray), Matador Red Mica (red), Tigereye Mica (brown), or Mercury Metallic (silver).

Nemo is on a distinguished road

It has a very comfortable ride and when you sit in it you just feel special. Holding the steering wheel resting your foot on the pedal is almost as precious as looking your soulmate in the eye. But as far as the backseat goes, it is basically non-existent. I suppose if you are short and you have a not-so-tall person in the back, you could scoot your seat way up. otherwise, the front has plenty of legroom.

justcurious is on a distinguished road

the back seat is great if you're a midget! and it's an overpriced pretentious car. If you really want to drop 60K or so, get a Shelby gt500, a real drop top that does it all & sounds like it means business, not a barbie toy.