lexus forum  



Go Back   Lexus Forums > The Lexus Forum Lounge > The Lexus Forum Lounge - Member Introductions

The Lexus Forum Lounge - Member Introductions Discuss anything that may not fit in one of the other Lexus forums. Introduce yourself!

Lexus Forum: Lexus Recent Quality Issues
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 10-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Lexus Forums Lexus Forums is offline
Lexus Forum Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Royal Palm Beach, Florida
Age: 48
Posts: 251
Lexus Forums is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Lexus Recent Quality Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
Its a lack of focus. One company (Toyota) doing too much, too soon. They have two options:

1. Grow faster, at the expense of quality.
2. Slow down, reel in quality control.
That's a good point. With Toyota now making Toyotas, Lexus' and Scions, it's no wonder they're running into problems. I think Scion is doing really well for them - but I think maybe Lexus is suffering a bit...
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 10-09-2007, 10:25 AM
playdrv4me playdrv4me is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 51
playdrv4me is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lexus Recent Quality Issues

It's the same thing that happened when Daimer overtook Chrysler. They focused so much of their energy on rebuilding the image and quality of the Chrysler brand, that the Mercedes brand began to seriously falter throughout the late 90's and early 00's. 1996-2006 was one of the most disastrous periods ever for Mercedes-Benz.
__________________
WARNING: The above post may contain adult content, adult language... PSYCHOLOGICAL NUDITY. Reader Discretion is advised.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Lexus Forums Lexus Forums is offline
Lexus Forum Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Royal Palm Beach, Florida
Age: 48
Posts: 251
Lexus Forums is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Lexus Recent Quality Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by playdrv4me View Post
It's the same thing that happened when Daimer overtook Chrysler. They focused so much of their energy on rebuilding the image and quality of the Chrysler brand, that the Mercedes brand began to seriously falter throughout the late 90's and early 00's. 1996-2006 was one of the most disastrous periods ever for Mercedes-Benz.
Is that what happened to Mercedes? that's such a shame because I love those S430s and S500s...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-09-2007, 10:46 AM
playdrv4me playdrv4me is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 51
playdrv4me is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lexus Recent Quality Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Forums View Post
Is that what happened to Mercedes? that's such a shame because I love those S430s and S500s...
Yes, even Mercedes admitted in 2006 that they had faltered seriously in the quality department and that they vowed to do everything in their power to restore their customer's trust and faith in the product.

Sadly the W220 S-Class you're talking about, while a beautiful car, is probably the worst MB product in recent history. It is so bad, that MB salespeople themselves will tell you to stay away from it (which is what happened when I went in to buy a used car at an MB dealer here). They don't want the bad rep associated with selling that car to a customer.
__________________
WARNING: The above post may contain adult content, adult language... PSYCHOLOGICAL NUDITY. Reader Discretion is advised.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Lexus Forums Lexus Forums is offline
Lexus Forum Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Royal Palm Beach, Florida
Age: 48
Posts: 251
Lexus Forums is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Lexus Recent Quality Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by playdrv4me View Post
Yes, even Mercedes admitted in 2006 that they had faltered seriously in the quality department and that they vowed to do everything in their power to restore their customer's trust and faith in the product.

Sadly the W220 S-Class you're talking about, while a beautiful car, is probably the worst MB product in recent history. It is so bad, that MB salespeople themselves will tell you to stay away from it (which is what happened when I went in to buy a used car at an MB dealer here). They don't want the bad rep associated with selling that car to a customer.
Wow, that's incredible... At least they're cool enough (in most cases) to give you that advice... Such a shame because those are (to me) the most beautiful luxury cars on the planet. Well, besides Bentley and Rolls Royce - but that's different...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Lexus Forum Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Advertisements
cars connected social network




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
planetlexus.com recognizes that "Lexus", it's logos and various model names and numbers are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A.. These terms are used for identification purposes only. planetlexus.com is not affiliated in any way with Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Lexus or any other company listed herein. All information on this site is the opinion of its members and not the opinion of the site itself. ©2019 planetlexus.com. All rights reserved. Interested in an affordable, reliable luxury SUV? Check out the Kia Telluride.
MADISON ROSS MEDIA GROUP MARKETPLACE
Need products for your Lexus? Check out your options at the links below: