lexus forum  

Go Back   Lexus Forums > Lexus Forums (Crossovers and SUVs) > Lexus LX Forum

Notices

Lexus LX Forum Discussion forum for topics in regards to the Lexus LX450, LX470, LX570

Lexus Forum: How will the 2008 Lexus LX570 and 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser compare with

Old 10-19-2007, 12:49 PM

exigesprit is on a distinguished road
Default How will the 2008 Lexus LX570 and 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser compare with

Mercedes GL and Land Rover Range Rover The pricing for the 2008 Lexus LX570 is not out yet, but even the Toyota Land Cruiser starts at $63,885 (that's about $7,000 more than the Mercedes GL!). Even though those are steep prices, the LX570 and Land Cruiser does however have enormous amounts of luxury features and new technologies like crawl control and blindspot cameras and an enormous 5.7 V8 with 380 horsepower while still retaining the Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle II rating, oh, and ten airbags, power third and second row seats... How will you think it will compare with the Mercedes GL/G, Land Rover Range Rover, or any other large luxury SUV's.

Note: the Crawl control is like auto-pilot for off roading, scaling mountains, boulders, etc...
To: W

I'm suprised you would buy the land cruiser just for the back up camera. As a Mercedes fan, you should know that a GL has one of the est backup cameras out of all th Mercedes, so why would you buy the land cruiser just for the backup camera? I would buy the land cruiser or LX570 for the crawl control, reliability, and luxury, but I would definitely not buy a car just for the backup camera. If you really need a back up camera, you should know that it's availible on the Toyota Prius.
To: Nick

The new Lexus LX570 and Land cruiser is just as capable if not more than a Range Rover. I have seen more land cruisers go off road than a range rover. I would say the range rover is a city car because I only see them in urban area, with not a speck of dirt on them. If you really need a SUV for the capability and luxury, I think the LX570 does a lot better job than the outdated Range Rover. Lexus and Toyota also have way better reliability and quality ratings than any land rover.
Oh, Land cruisers are famous for desert driving and are the best selling off road vehicle in the Middle East. Other than the desert, it is a lot more capable than you think. Landcruisers can go from deserts to the northern ice caps. I don't think anyone would want take their range rover outside urban areas. Maybe they would take a LR3 or LR2 off roading, but who would take their range rover to the arctic ice caps or antarctica. Don't even mention the range rover sport, it's acceleration is slower than a rav4 and its braking distances are horrible. But yeah, I think the LX570 and Toyota Land cruiser has better capability because it has much more updated technology including crawl control and a very unique chasis/suspension.
Does anyone know if Land over is still Ford owned?
Sorry, for land rover lovers, please refer to my question in the toyota section and read the details section so you understand what is so good about the range rover. Again, read the details section of the the same question in the toyota section.