lexus forum  

Go Back   Lexus Forums > Lexus Forums (Crossovers and SUVs) > Lexus LX Forum

Notices

Lexus LX Forum Discussion forum for topics in regards to the Lexus LX450, LX470, LX570

Lexus Forum: How will the 2008 Lexus LX570 and 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser compare with Mercedes...

Old 10-19-2007, 12:35 PM

exigesprit is on a distinguished road
Default How will the 2008 Lexus LX570 and 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser compare with Mercedes...

...GL and Land Rover Range Rover The pricing for the 2008 Lexus LX570 is not out yet, but even the Toyota Land Cruiser starts at $63,885 (that's about $7,000 more than the Mercedes GL!). Even though those are steep prices, the LX570 and Land Cruiser does however have enormous amounts of luxury features and new technologies like crawl control and blindspot cameras and an enormous 5.7 V8 with 380 horsepower while still retaining the Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle II rating, oh, and ten airbags, power third and second row seats... How will you think it will compare with the Mercedes GL/G, Land Rover Range Rover, or any other large luxury SUV's.

Note: the Crawl control is like auto-pilot for off roading, scaling mountains, boulders, etc...
"The Truth" is so far from the truth. If the Land rover Range Rover was the best car built, why is the reliability ratings so low? Why does it have so many recalls and quality problems?
Have a Look:
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2003-to-2006-land-rover-range-rover-2.htm

The Land cruiser and LX570 have v8 5.7L with 380 horspower . The Land Rover that costs $77,000 only has 305 hp and 325 . The 400 hp one is the supercharged Range Rover that costs $93,000 BASE! The Land Cruiser and LX 570 actually has everything you mentioned and more. Instead of the 14 speakers you mentioned on the range rover, the Lexus has a 19-speaker Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound Audio System coupled with a 2,000-song-capacity Hard Disk Drive (HDD). The LX comes standard with a voice-activated HDD Navigation System, as well as XM Satellite Radio and XMNavTraffic capability which provides real-time traffic information.
The LX 570 also makes safety a priority. It's the first in its class to offer a Wide-view Front and Side Monitor, which uses a camera on the passenger side-mirror and front grille to help improve peripheral vision in front and allow greater visibility on the LX's right side. Plus, it's the first of its class to feature active front headrests and an available Pre-Collision System. It also has Crawl control, knee airbags, power first, second and third row seats. The spacious interior is the pinnacle of comfort with four-zone climate control, third-row seating and even an available cool box to keep your beverages chilled. A push-button Start/Stop makes fumbling with car keys a thing of the past. Everything I mentioned above is unique to the LX570 and Land Cruiser. Remember, the things I mentioned is in addition to the features on the range rover. So the toyota and lexus has everything the land rover has, but more and better.
The Lexus and toyota has everything. Combined wth technology, quality, safety, value, and reliability, the LX570 and Land Cruiser are better in everyway. Oh, they are also certified ultra low emissions vehicles. I don't know how you would think that the range rover is better than this, maybe you should do some research before you lie, misdirect people and provide faulty answers. Sorry, it's just hard to believe that a car like the range rover with so many reliability problems, which the cost shows that it is surely a rip-off, but since Land Rover is a Ford company, I guess I can understand the reliability problems.
To: BHWMST

I am not "bashing" any answers, I am just presenting facts and evidence for one side of a possible answer to the question. If you have any reliable conflicting evidence, I would like to see it. That is, if you can find any...