lexus forum  

Go Back   Lexus Forums > Lexus Forums (Cars) > Lexus IS Forum

Lexus IS Forum Discussion forum for topics in regards to the Lexus IS200t, IS250, IS300, IS350

Lexus Forum: Used Acura RSX vs Lexus IS 300. How Much Would The Difference For Repair And

Old 10-25-2007, 05:24 AM

muttonbuster66 is on a distinguished road
Default Used Acura RSX vs Lexus IS 300. How Much Would The Difference For Repair And

Parts Costs Be? Don't ask why these two, but I'm pretty much set on getting either an Acura RSX or a Lexus IS 300. A used car with probably 60 K miles on it at the most. Now I've had two Integras. Great cars. A few more repairs on the 2nd one for some reason, but I have 160 K miles on it and had 190 K on the last one.

Anyway, I'm assuming the parts for the Lexus will be much more, but how much? And are they more labor intensive for repairs (ie would take more hours)? Mind you, I'd NEVER take a car that wasn't under warranty to a dealer for repairs because they are the spawn of satan. If I need to get the car fixed, I'll be going to my usual guy at the local Chevron who services a good chunk of the population's cars where I live. Always has a fair price and does a great job.

But for typical repairs: clutch replacement, brakes, ignition, master cylinder, valve cover gasket, etc; for the same type of repair would the price to fix the Lexus be astronomically more than the Acura?

Old 10-25-2007, 05:24 AM

ondreforsure is on a distinguished road

Well figure in that the IS300 is a 6 cylinder car... so naturally you'll probably have slighly higher maintence and fuel costs.
I had an RSX type s for a while... put 60k miles on it... never had one problem with the car... even after 30,000 turbo miles...all i did was change the oil ever 3,000 miles.
I now have an IS350 with 30,000 miles... all i do is change the oil.. no problems...
You can't go wrong with either... one thing about the RSX is that its still a new looking car where the IS300 is kinda old school now.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:18 PM

ilovelexus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Used Acura RSX vs Lexus IS 300. How Much Would The Difference For Repair And

There is no doubt that high performance car will prove more expansive car then otherwise.LexusIS300 is a high performance car then acura RSX.Now it depends upon you which car you can afford to keep.