lexus forum  

Go Back   Lexus Forums > Lexus Forums (Cars) > Lexus ES Forum

Notices

Lexus ES Forum Discussion forum for topics in regards to the Lexus ES250, ES300, ES300h, ES330, ES350

Lexus Forum: Trying to decide between various Lexus CPO to buy in a few hours

Old 02-27-2013, 12:34 PM

libbrichus is on a distinguished road
Default Trying to decide between various Lexus CPO to buy in a few hours

Hi,

I am absolutely new to buying a car and need some help here. Apologies in advance if I ask any questions I should have googled - I have been doing a lot of research but like I mentioned I'm a car newbie so please bear with me.

I am looking to spend about 20k and after various test drives of new cars, I realized none of them match up to the luxury feel of a pre-owned ES350.

The ES-350s I have shortlisted are as follows:

1. 2009 ES350 (CPO) with 45k miles and navigation - $20k - Link - http://www.rockville-porsche.com/cer...8fad3f4fcb.htm

2. 2008 ES350 (CPO) with 55k miles, navigation and ultra-luxury package - $22k - Link - http://www.lexusofrockville.com/Vehi...-MD/1931645133

3. 2012 ES350 (non-CPO but pre-owned from an official showroom with clean CARFAX) with 11k miles - $29k - I will have to drive 5 hours to get to this as it's in Manhattan and I live in the DC area - showroom.http://www.lexusofmanhattan.com/Vehi...-NY/1914480633

The only reason I'm even considering the 3rd option is because it seems to be an amazing price for a 2012 model and even though it is out of the budget I had in mind, I can afford it.

My questions -

1. Is it worth the extra 9k to go in for a 2012 model given that its non-CPO. I will of course get it checked by a mechanic before I buy it but I want to be almost sure that it's an incredible deal (if everything goes right) before I make the trip.

2. If I plan to choose between the 2008 ultra-luxury for $22k and 2009 for $20k, which one do you think would be a better deal. Is the ultra-luxury package worth the extra 2k and 1 year?

3. Typically how much can one haggle for a pre-owned in a Lexus showroom? (I understand it's probably case to case but are there any known tips and tricks I should be aware of)

I am planning to move to a new city over the weekend and therefore need to make this decision as early as possible today itself. I would really appreciate any tips as this is a very new experience for me and I'm extremely nervous of spending so much money and having buyer's remorse later.