lexus forum  

Go Back   Lexus Forums > The Lexus Forum Lounge > Lexus Appearance and Detailing

Lexus Appearance and Detailing Discussion forum for topics in regards to interior and exterior modifications and appearance maintenance.

Lexus Forum: Connect iPod to the car stereo

Old 03-10-2014, 07:26 AM

Alex1981 is on a distinguished road
Default Connect iPod to the car stereo

Does anyone know a good adapter for listening to songs from Apple devices in the car? I know that there are special car adapters for this. Can you recommend any? I was googling and the best reviews for connecting mobie devices has car adapter AUX Link. But before buying it I'd like to get some more information...Is someone using it? What's your opinion? Any other recommendations?

Old 03-10-2014, 07:42 AM

SamTech1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Connect iPod to the car stereo

I bought AUX Link car adapter almost two years ago. Totally satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I was planning to install it, but finally it worked out well (I did the installation on my own, but at any service center you can have it done in no time). I was buying here AUX Car Kits. It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free shipping worldwide. As for advantages of AUX Link, it can be also used as a charger and a hands-free car kit. Besides you can control the music using the buttons on the steering wheel or on the car radio. Highly recommended.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTech1 View Post
I bought AUX Link car adapter almost two years ago. Totally satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I was planning to install it, but finally it worked out well (I did the installation on my own, but at any service center you can have it done in no time). I was buying here AUX Car Kits. It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free shipping worldwide. As for advantages of AUX Link, it can be also used as a charger and a hands-free car kit. Besides you can control the music using the buttons on the steering wheel or on the car radio. Highly recommended.
Thanks a lot! I checked it out. Really good reviews. Did you buy it together with Bluetooth dongle?To use AUX Link as a hand-free car kit...Is it worth it?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:22 AM

SamTech1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex1981 View Post
Thanks a lot! I checked it out. Really good reviews. Did you buy it together with Bluetooth dongle?To use AUX Link as a hand-free car kit...Is it worth it?
From my point of view it's absolutely worth it. It's a good substitution for a separate car hands-free kit. Thus with this AUX Link you get adapter, charger and a hands-free kit. Three devices in one.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:56 AM

Guys, just wanted to tell you about my experience. Eventually took the decision to buy AUX Link. I was trying to find the best deal and it's really cheaper to buy it at the official online store AUX Car Kits. The delivery took just five days. At first I decided to try to install it myself, but experiences some troubles extracting the OEM head unit. So finally I had it installed in the nearest service center. It took around 10 minutes. So far totally contempted with the adapter.

Advantages:

- high quality sound
- can be used as a charger
- with Bluetooth dongle works perfectly as a car hands-free kit
- music control with buttons on the steering wheel and buttons on the car head unit (really convenient)
- read all music formats
- compatible with my Apple devices, but there is also a plug for other mobile devices
- delivery is free and fast
- occupies very little space and doesn't spoil the interior
- now I can listen to all my favourite music without carrying piles of CDs.

Disadvantages:

- a bit expensive as I also ordered additional Bluetooth dongle
- could't easily take out the head unit so had to go to auto workshop

But taking everything into account, I believe it's a good price-quality ratio. So all in all it's worth it.