lexus forum  

Go Back   Lexus Forums > The Lexus Forum Lounge > Lexus Appearance and Detailing

Lexus Appearance and Detailing Discussion forum for topics in regards to interior and exterior modifications and appearance maintenance.

Lexus Forum: Car kit for Mobile Devices and USB pen drives

Old 09-15-2014, 08:52 AM

IvanX is on a distinguished road
Default Car kit for Mobile Devices and USB pen drives

Iím searching for a car adapter to listen to music from Android smartphone and MP3 player and also USB sticks. Do you have any recommendations? Iíve heard some positive opinions about car adapter AUX Link. Itís compatible with Apple gadgets, USB flash, SD, SDHC, MMC cards and devices with 3.5 mm mini jack. Does anyone use it and can share his opinion? Do you have better recommendations? Thank you!

Old 09-15-2014, 10:45 AM

J_Lam100 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Car kit for Mobile Devices and USB pen drives

I can share my personal experience. When I made up my mind to buy car kit AUX Link, I was trying to find the best deal and it's really cheaper to buy it at the official website AUX Car Kits. The adapter was delivered in just five days. At first I tried to install it on my own, but had troubles extracting the OEM head unit. I didn't have the right tools, so in the end I had it installed in the nearest autotuning center. It took around 10 minutes. So far totally contented with the purchase.

Pluses:

- compatible with iOS devices, USB pen drives, SD, MMC, SDHC cards, and there is also a 3.5 mm mini audio plug for other mobile devices (MP3 players, Windows-based and Android-based smartphones, tablets, laptops, netbooks, PSP etc.).
- great sound
- you can use it as a charger
- with additional Bluetooth dongle works perfectly as a Bluetooth car kit
- music control with steering wheel buttons and buttons on the car stereo (really convenient)
- supports all music formats
- free and fast delivery
- takes very little space and almost invisible
- now I can listen to all my favourite compositions without carrying piles of CDs.

Minuses:

- relatively expensive as I also bought additional Bluetooth module to use the adapter as a Bluetooth handsfree car kit
- couldn't easily extract the car stereo so I had to go to autotuning workshop

But taking everything into account, I guess it's a good price-quality ratio. So from my point of view it's worth purchasing.